Žepče is a town and municipality in central Bosnia and Herzegovina, located between Doboj and Zenica. It is administratively part of the Zenica-Doboj Canton of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The town Žepče is located in the central Bosnia, towards the highway M-17. The river Bosna flows through this town. Near by the town and within the town, there are 14 springs of mineral water. Žepče is in the valley and surrounded by mountains. The town was first mentioned in 1458 in a charter issued by the Bosnian King Stjepan Tomašević.