Yakub Kolas Square is a square in Pershamayski District of Minsk, is located on crossing of Independence Avenue, Yakub Kolas street and Vera Khoruzhaya street. The square was named in honour of the folk poet and one of the founders of the classic Belarusian literature - Yakub Kolas. The sculptures of Yakub Kolas and figures from his poems form the architectural centerpiece of the square. Lush greenery and fountains make this square an attractive landmark on a hot summer day for nearby workers, shoppers and city tourists. City underground station of the Moskovskaya line exits to the square, nearby tram stop, bus and trolley stop. Clay tiles in national style lay the vestibule of the station.
Yakub Kolas square is located at the place of historical village Kamarouka, which in turn gave name to the nearby Kamarou Flee Market. Initially the square beared the name "Kamarouskaya" In 1956 the square was named in honour of the folk poet and one of the founders of the classic Belarusian literature - Yakub Kolas. The monument to Yakub Kolas was opened November 3, 1972 celebrating the 90-th year of birth of Yakub Kolas