Elbow Cay is a six-mile long cay in the Abaco Islands of the Bahamas. Originally populated by British loyalists fleeing the newly independent United States of America in 1785, it has survived on fishing, boat building, and salvage. Its main village of Hope Town surrounds a protected harbor with a noted red and white striped 120 ft (36m) lighthouse built in 1863. Elbow Cay is located about 4 miles East of Marsh Harbour on Great Abaco Island.
Most visitors fly into Marsh Harbour and take the ferry to either Hope Town at the Northern end of Elbow Cay or White Sound, a mid-island harbour and settlement developed in 1960. At the Southern end of the island is Tahiti Beach near Doros Cove. The Atlantic Ocean runs along the entire Eastern coast of Elbow Cay while the South Abaco Sound is on the Western Coast. Elbow Cay is between Man-O-War Cay to the North and Tiloo Cay to the South. Lubbers Quarters Cay is West of the Southern End of Elbow Cay.