The Tyrolean State Museum in Innsbruck
is also known as the Ferdinandeum after Archduke Ferdinand and was founded in 1823 by the Tyrolean State Museum Ferdinandeum Society (Verein Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum).
Since 2007 it has been a major division of the Tyrolean State Museums Operating Company, which has taken over the running of the business. Also transferred to the operating company at the same time were the Tyrolean Museum of Popular Art, the Kaiserschützen Museum, the Chapel Royal
) and the Tyrolean Folk Song Archives. The company is run by Wolfgang Meighörner, who is also the curator of the Tyrolean State Museum Ferdinandeum.