Burgruine Straßfried is a castle in Carinthia, Austria. It is located next to the Austrian-Italian border by Arnoldstein in Carinthia.
The name of the castle means Ruins of Castle Strasbourg and draws attention to its location and its earlier strategic importance. Straßfried lies on a forested hill at the junction of roads from Italy with another from the Gail River valley. The castle is first documented as "Castrum Strazvrid" in 1279, when the estate was captured from the Carinthian dukes of the Hapsburg King Rudolf. It was left to the diocese of Bamberg. In the 13th century, the castle was expanded to guard the important trade routes the castle lied on.
Of the original twin-tower facility, only the eastern of the two has been preserved. Considerable parts of the wall still remain, but only small parts of the palace are intact. It was severely damaged by French forces during the Napoleonic Wars, who blew up part of the fortress in 1797 during their occupation of Strasbourg.