Burg Mauterndorf is a castle in the state of Salzburg, Austria. Mautendorf Castle is built on the site of an old Roman fort that dates to 326 AD or earlier. The fort protected the Roman mountain road from Teurnia to the Radstädter Tauern Pass and Iuvavum (Salzburg) and served as residence for the Roman provincial administrator. The original fort was destroyed during the Great Migration.
A castle built on the site in later years was funded and supported by a toll (maut) collection system for the nearby road. Evidence for this comes from a deed gift by Emperor Henry II in the year 1002. "Dorf" is a German suffix for village or settlement. The toll system supported the castle until 1253 when the castle came into the possession of Archbishop Leonhard von Keutschach as part of a major transition in the renewal of nearby Radstadt.