Martindale Hall is a Georgian style mansion near Mintaro, South Australia which appeared in the film Picnic at Hanging Rock. It was built in 1879. The architect was Ebenezer Gregg of London, and the chief supervisor was Adelaide architect Edward John Woods. Due to the specialist nature of the work involved, 50 of the 60 tradesmen used were brought from England, and they returned when it was completed.
It was built for a wealthy bachelor pastoralist, 21 year-old Edmund Bowman Jr. However, debt and drought soon forced the Bowmans to sell all their holdings.William Tennant Mortlock (son of William Ranson Mortlock) bought Martindale Hall in 1892. His son, John Andrew Tennant Mortlock, developed Martindale Station and built up an impressive collection of artwork which was displayed at the Hall. The Mortlock Family bequeathed Martindale Hall and the estate to the University of Adelaide in 1965.