Bunnerong Power Station is a demolished former coal-powered electric power station in the south-eastern Sydney suburb of Matraville, New South Wales, Australia. When the last generating units were commissioned, it was the largest power station in New South Wales, with a capacity of 375 MW. It was able to supply up to one third of the state's electricity needs at the time. It remained the most powerful until the completion of larger power stations such as Vales Point in the 1960s.
In 1924, the 117 acre site for the power station was chosen. The station was located on Bunnerong Road in Matraville. Having a wide variety of electrical and mechanical equipment, it was originally built with Babcock & Wilcox boilers and 25 MW Parsons turbo-alternators between 1926 and 1929 by the Sydney Municipal Council, the authority responsible for electricity services at the time. Later, 50 MW Parsons turbo-alternators were added, with boilers from the Foster Wheeler Corporation. The Council operated its own private railway which connected the power station with Botany Goods Yard. The railway continued to operate as a private line when the power station was taken over by the Electricity Commission, including the shunting of a siding to the BORAL plant. On 19 November 1966, there was a fatal accident when a train ran away down the steep grade of this siding.