The National Flag Memorial in Rosario, Argentina, is a monumental complex built near the shore of the Parana River. It was inaugurated on June 20, 1957, the anniversary of the death of Manuel Belgrano, creator of the Argentine flag, who raised it for the first time in an island on the opposite shore of the river on February 27, 1812.
The complex has a total area of about 10,000 square metres, and was built mostly using stone from the Andes, under the direction of architects Angel Guido and Alejandro Bustillo, and the sculptors Jose Fioravanti, Alfredo Bigatti and Eduardo Barnes.
The Monumento has three parts: the Tower (Torre) or mast, 70 metres high, which commemorates the Revolution of May 1810 and houses Manuel Belgrano's crypt in its base; the Civic Courtyard (Patio Civico), which symbolizes the effort of the organization of the state (the Courtyard is used for massive open-air shows), and the Triumphal Propylaeum (Propileo Triunfal), representing the Nation as organized after the 1853 Constitution. Under the Propylaeum there is the Honour Room for the Flags of America (where the flags of all American nations are displayed).