Bonpland is a small town and municipality in Paso de los Libres Department, Corrientes Province, Argentina. It lies on National Route 14, about 11 kilometres from the right bank of the Uruguay River. It was originally called Santa Ana, but on May 10, 1858, was renamed in honor of the French naturalist Aimé Bonpland whose body rests in a mausoleum in the Cemetery of the Holy Cross of Paso de los Libres. Its main economic activity is livestock and forestry, and rice farming. The town currently has an emergency hospital, a OFIN registrar, a secondary school, a primary school and one police station.